At St. Andrew’s Primary School, we pride ourselves on being very inclusive and ensuring the safeguarding and emotional wellbeing of every child. To successfully match our children’s pastoral or social or emotional need, there are some actions that we may take to achieve this:
- Help all pupils achieve to the best of their abilities, despite any difficulties or disabilities they may have.
- Ensure that all staff are aware of and sensitive to the needs of all pupils, teaching children in a way that is more appropriate to their needs.
- Enabling pupils to gain in confidence and improve their self-esteem.
- To work in partnership with parents/carers/children and relevant external specialists in order to best provide for children’s special educational needs. To identify at the earliest opportunity, all children that need special consideration to support their needs (whether these are educational, social, physical or emotional)
- To make suitable provision for children with SEND to fully develop their abilities, interests and aptitudes and gain maximum access to the curriculum.
- To promote self-worth and enthusiasm by encouraging and promoting independence at all age and ability levels.
- To provide every child with the entitlement to a sense of achievement.
- In relation to pastoral and emotional wellbeing, our Anti-Bullying Policy can be found on the school policies section of our website.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.