Consultation with Children and Young People with SEND
Teachers/SENCO and Support Staff will work with children and young people to identify the support needed to meet agreed outcomes. The provision is planned and interventions are allocated to individual needs. The children take an active role with setting their outcomes and discussing them with the class teacher/SENCO. The children have regular meetings with staff to discuss their progress and support.
- We value and celebrate each child being able to express their views on all aspects of school life. This is usually carried out through discussions in class and through the School Council which has an open forum for any issues or viewpoints to be raised.
- Children who have SEN support packages or Education, Health and Care Plans can discuss their targets and views with their teacher, a learning mentor or the Special Needs Co-ordinator and have their views sought whilst writing a “My Story” document.
Consultation with parents and carers of children and young people with SEND
We are committed to working with parents and carers to identify their child’s needs and support. Parents and carers will be involved throughout the process.
There is a range of ways this can be done, for example:
- Termly parents/ carers evenings;
- Ongoing discussions with a class teacher and/or SENCO;
- An ‘open-door’ policy, where parents and carers are welcome to come into school to discuss any concerns they may have;
- Through regular reviews of their child’s SEN Support Plan/ EHC Plan.
- Regular parent surveys and responding to feedback.