Class 6 Introduction
Hello, my name is Mrs Hudson and I am the teacher in Class 6. I began working at St Andrew’s Primary School in September 2018. In addition to teaching Year 6, I am the Deputy Head and Science lead across school.
As well as this, I am passionate about Reading, English, Maths and PE. I love reading especially thrillers. I enjoy taking part in fitness classes, sports and running.
I have high expectations of the children in my class and expect that they follow the class and school charter, while being respectful to all members of our school community.
My aim is for every child in my class to be successful learners, confident individuals, responsible citizens, have life skills for the future and are ready to move to secondary school.
Working in my class is Mrs Wharton, who works with the children, offers support in lessons and helping us maintain a happy and productive class. Mrs Bousfield teaches French and Music in Class 6 weekly when I am planning or doing management tasks.
In Class 6, children will learn:
- To become proficient at using multiplication tables to 12 x 12
- Acquire arithmetic skills that will equip them for secondary maths
- Read with fluency, intonation, comprehension and for enjoyment.
- Write in a variety of genres for a purpose with accuracy using high level vocabulary and a variety of punctuation.
- The human body; light; evolution and inheritance; living things and their habitats and electricity in science.
- Study our local area and how mining has formed our community along with technology and how Ancient Greek technology has impacted our lives. We will develop our geographical knowledge by studying biomes, climates, rivers, mountains, earthquakes and natural disasters.
- In RE we will be learning more about Christianity and about Islam.
- We will continue to develop our PE skills in games, dance, gymnastics and athletics.
- French, art and design, music and design and technology.
- To be our most responsible members of our school.
For homework, the children in my class will need to:
- Read – read a variety of books independently and out loud to an adult or even a younger family member.
- Timetables – rapid recall by being a Times Table Rock Star https://ttrockstars.com/login
- Letterjoin – Harder words section https://www.letterjoin.co.uk/log-in.html
- Spellings – Common Exception Words Y5/6
Should you need any other information whilst your child is in Class 6 please don’t hesitate to contact me on Class Dojo or make an appointment to come and see me.
Please view our galleries to find out what we have been up to.