On Monday 13th November it was the start of anti-bullying week. We had a lesson on anti-bullying. This sparked a lot of emotions. As the children really wanted to explore this further I decided to let them create a video. I found a fantastic anti-bullying video on line and explained what I wanted them to do. The whole class were really excited at this idea. I showed the video this inspired them as it really made them think.
This week class 4 became film producers for the week. We spent most of the week in literacy planning, discussing, organising and coordinating an anti-bullying video. The most important part of this was the discussion of feelings and emotions.
The children thought about:
- What is bullying?
- How often does something have to happen for it to be bullying?
- How it would make them feel if it happened to them?
- What would they do if it happened to them?
- How could they get help?
- Everyone is different what does this mean?
- Everyone is equal what does this mean?